- We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
- Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don't forget to leave them each a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
1) Fact - I'm deathly afraid of heights, especially as a child. Nowadays if I'm in a situation where I have to encounter heights, I simply grit my teeth and keep moving. As a child I would just freeze.
2) Fact - I really, really hate housework. But even worse is typing up the first draft of my thesis. In fact, I find things that suddenly need to get done, rather than working on my thesis. But I only have a couple more pages to get typed in and proofread to get my first draft done. Yeah!
3) Fact - I was never very religious as a child and was raised in a non-religious household. When I was 17, I realized that organized religion was a load of crap. This realization occurred when I was forced to attend an "inspirational" (read religious) presentation at high school. I could not believe the crap that people were nodding their heads in agreement to.
4) Habit - I have a bad habit of chewing my nails. As a child, my parents tried everything to get me to stop. Even hot sauce on my nails did not stop me.
5) Habit - I love a good cup of tea first thing in the morning at work and in the afternoon before I leave work. I think I acquired this habit from my grandmother who always drank tea in the morning and afternoon.
6) Fact - I love a good juicy and very rare steak. I can't stand it when a restaurant overcooks my steak. Other people have told me that I'll probably end up with mad cow disease or something.
7) Fact - I enjoy working with my hands. It's a nice change from the strictly intellectual work that I do during the week. I love to garden, build stained glass panels, and am into amateur rocketry.
8) Fact - I love animals and have never in my entire life been without a pet. Currently I have a very silly Siamese cat.
It took a while but here are my eight victims, I mean tagged blogs:
The Atheist Experience
The Allen Zone
The Happy, Religion Free Family
The Angry Astronomer
DEVOUT Atheist Godless Grief
The Lippard Blog
The Secular Outpost
And if you already have been tagged, well, the pool of the untagged is getting smaller and smaller. Hey, this is what should happen in vampire movies, isn't it?