Pages

Saturday, 26 April 2008

Jeremy Hall Story Finally Making it to MSM

Well the story of Jeremy Hall is finally making its way into the MSM after several months. I guess the press is finally getting tired of Brittany and Paris Hilton. The Army and Federal court seem to be dragging their feet and trying to avoid doing anything about the situation.

There are 1.36 million active duty service members, according to the Pentagon, and since 2005, it has received 50 formal complaints of religious discrimination, Ms. Lainez said.

In an e-mail statement, Bill Carr, the Defense Department’s deputy under secretary for military personnel policy, said he “saw near universal compliance with the department’s policy.”

Yeah, and we've all seen how accurate the governmental accounting agencies have been in this administration.
But Mikey Weinstein, a retired Air Force judge advocate general and founder of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, said the official statistics masked the great number of those who do not report violations for fear of retribution. Since the Air Force Academy scandal began in 2004, Mr. Weinstein said, he has been contacted by more than 5,500 service members and, occasionally, military families about incidents of religious discrimination. He said 96 percent of the complainants were Christians, and the majority of those were Protestants.
I think Bill Carr is full of shit. The fundy Christians are causing this shit in the military and the moderate Christians are desparately trying to keep their heads in the sand by ignoring the whole mess.

See here for a previous post on this. It looks like the story is on CNN as well.

Update:
MRFF has an interview with Mikey Weinstein and Jeremy Hallon ABC over at the MRFF website. I think I'll send them some more money to help out with the lawsuits.

3 comments:

M.Dorian said...

I've been on this story for over six months. I've interviewed Hall and Weinstein, his attorney. I have a page at the NYC Atheists blog devoted to this. I've been trying to get my story published in magazines, but now the MSM has finally picked it up. Better late than never, I guess. The NY Times did a piece on this on Saturday as well.

Anna Lemma said...

I know, I've been blogging this since I've started my blog about 6 months ago. I talked to Mikey when he was in LA and gave a talk at CFI-West.The problem has steadily gotten worse since I left the Air Force some years back. It's a small world. I was stationed at Peterson AFB while Gen. Herres was CINC of AFSPACECOM. He is on the board at MRFF. Now I know why I had no problems openly being a non-believer in the middle of Fundyville. He is a firm believer in freedom of religion. I had to be more careful at other places that I was stationed at.

Anonymous said...

I like play online game, I alsobuy shaiya gold
andshaiya money
theshaiya goldis very cheap,
and use thecheap shaiya goldcan buy many things
I likeshaiya online gold, thanks, it is very good.